We want to help our customers achieve the highest quality auscultation when using our products, please follow the steps below to better ensure superior audio quality.
When using the Eko Core:
- If possible, perform auscultation in a quiet environment. While the Eko CORE includes firmware to reduce and mitigate ambient noise, it cannot eliminate all ambient noise and will amplify any ambient noise gathered by the diaphragm in use.
- Use the bell to best listen to low frequency sounds like heart sounds. Use the diaphragm to best listen to high frequency sounds like lung sounds.
- Hold the diaphragm firmly against the surface you will be auscultating from. Pressing too tightly against the surface can muffle sounds.
- If applicable, auscultate while your patient is placed in different positions (supine, standing, sitting).
- For details refer to the Eko Core User Manual LBL 002