Does DUO have analog mode?
- No, DUO is fully digital.
Will the Eko DUO attach to my regular stethoscope?
- No, you can listen to it using the Eko EARPIECE (hyperlink) or through headphones that utilize a 3.5mm audio jack.
Do I need to download a different app to make recordings with DUO?
- No, simply update your Eko app to the most recent version.
Can I use DUO to record only an auscultation? Or only an ECG?
- Yes, DUO can be used only as an ECG device, only as a stethoscope or both
What materials are used in DUO?
- DUO is made of aluminum. The bottom is made of ABS plastics. There is no Latex in the DUO.
What are the electrodes made of?
- The ECG electrodes are made of stainless steel. They are designed to work without any gel or cream, however gels or creams can improve the signal quality in some situations.
Does DUO detect arrhythmias?
- DUO does not automatically detect arrhythmias.
Can I use DUO with a pacemaker or ICD?
- DUO has not been tested for accuracy with ECG recordings taken from users with pacemakers. We cannot recommend DUO for users with pacemakers or ICDs because we cannot guarantee the accuracy of the resulting ECG readings.
Which conditions can DUO diagnose?
- DUO is meant for monitoring conditions and symptoms, not for independent diagnosis. All clinical diagnoses must be performed by a clinician.
Should I use DUO to tell whether or not I am having a heart attack?
- If you are having symptoms consistent with a heart attack, or any other severe condition, dial 9-1-1 immediately. DUO is not meant to diagnose specific conditions or prevent cardiac events.